I got my braces tighten yesterday. When I got there, I told my orthodontist that my brackets had fall off. He asked me how many and I said “five” and the nurse there said “hah??” and my orthodontist was just laughing out loud to the nurse. Haha~
During the whole tightening process, I had been lectured on how to eat correctly and what food that I should try to avoid as much as I can.
1. No chewy and sticky food such as caramel, peanut butter, honey and etc as it will stuck in the brackets and pull the brackets off.
2. If it hurts to chew something, then don’t chew at all. ( should I just swallow it then? =P )
3. Stay away from foods with high concentration of sugar/starch.
4. Don’t ever try to chew on the ice or candy.
5. Only eat soft foods. ( hah?)
6. No more gooey chocolate bar and taffy
7. Tear the food with hand before eating them