On June 5, the government had decided to increased the fuel price by 78 cent from RM1.92 to RM2.70 and from the savings, he ( the Prime Minister ) said :
1. RM4bil would go to the National Food Supply Guarantee Policy,
2. RM1.5bil for subsidising cooking oil
3. RM400mil to subsidise rice imports to make the price uniform in peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak
4. RM200mil on flour subsidy,
5. RM100mil on bread subsidy
6. RM7.5bil was meant for contributions to the subsidies for petrol, diesel and gas.
We do have subsidy for flour and bread? I thought rice is the staple food for almost all of the Malaysians?
But, Malaysians still pay lower than the market prices as far as petrol is concerned.
Hey, Indonesia’s fuel is cheaper than us!
Ok. That’s the last 2 month’s story.
Now, in August, the government had decided to reduced the price (yeay!!) by 15 cent ( only??).
Thus, the fuel price now is RM2.55. ( at least, they’d decided to reduced it..= ) )
Hopefully, this is the first reduction of the many… =)